Would you like to visit the museum, but can’t make one of our open days? Do you know someone with Special Educational Needs that would benefit from a trip with a quieter environment? Or are you a teacher and would like to bring a class for an educational trip out? Our 1879 police station, and 1895 Court room make the perfect setting for Victorian projects and atmospheric visits.
Then why not consider our private tours? Run on a Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays in term time. Days for private tours will be reduced during school holidays when we extend our public hours.
See the menu on the right hand side for more information.
- Minimum group size 10 (if your group is smaller due to access needs, please contact us)
- Maximum group size 30 (if your group is larger please contact us).
- Tours last approximately one and half – two hours. For younger visitors we recommend a shorter tour.
- Tours are currently free, but all donations are greatly appreciated.
- You will be led around the museum by your own private guide.
- Morning visits usually start at 10.30, afternoon visits around 13.00.
- There is a small yard at the rear of the museum which can accommodate a mini-van, please contact us for availability.