Would you like to visit the museum, but can’t make one of our open days? Do you know someone with special needs that would benefit from a trip with a quieter environment? Or are you a teacher and would like to bring a class for an educational trip out? Our 1879 police station, and 1895 Court room make the perfect setting for Victorian projects and atmospheric visits.
Then why not consider our private tours? Run on a Monday, Wednesday and Thursday in term time and Monday & Wednesday during holidays.
- Maximum group size 25 (if your class is larger please contact us).
- Tours last approximately one and half – two hours. For younger visitors we recommend a shorter tour.
- Tours are currently free, but all donations are greatly appreciated.
- You will be led around the museum by one of volunteers, many of whom are retired police.
- Morning visits usually start at 10.30, afternoon visits around 13.00.
- Unfortunately the museum does not have facilities to have lunch at the museum.
- There is a small yard at the rear of the museum which may be able to accommodate a mini-van, please contact us for availability.
To book a visit:
- Contact Helen by ringing 0161 856 3287 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then check availability in our diary and pencil you in a slot.
- A booking pack will then be sent out, once this has been returned the booking will be confirmed.
- A preliminary visit to the museum must be included for all bookings.
Due to the age of the building we do have a lift to the first floor, but this cannot be used in the event of an emergency. Therefore all visitors to the first floor must be able to evacuate the premises via the stairs in an emergency situation. If you think this may affect you then please let us know, as we will need to provide you with a Personal Emergency Evacuation Plan, or PEEP.